Southport and Arundel residents thank aged care employees
For Aged Care Employee Week, residents at St Vincent's Care Arundel and Southport gave their thanks to the aged care staff that have helped them feel right at home.
- I love living here. The caring is exceptional and the laughter we love. It's just a very, very, very, very special place to live.
- I'd like to thank all the carers and the staff here. They've been really good to me as well as my husband, and I thank you greatly.
- I love being here at St. Vinny's. The staff, all of them are absolutely wonderful. If I wake at two or three in the morning, I can have a cup of tea, even though I probably don't deserve it. But I love being here and my family know that I'm safe and happy.
- What happened was that I needed some accommodation rather quickly. And so they put me in a respite, which is a sort of a waiting area. In that time, I've had some really good encounters with the staff. The events and things they have people do here are incredible. You can never feel lost. And with my anniversary today as such, I was told that I am full-time at the village now and I could not be happier. It gives you a real sense of security, wellbeing, and they're all as friendly as hell.
- I'd like to thank the care staff for looking after me.
- I'd like to thank the carers at St. Vincent for looking after mom and dad. Thank you so much.
- Carers been looking at me pretty well. Very good they have, yeah. Can't put enough praise on.
- We've got wonderful staff, a lot of young people and they're all very competent and kind, and that's what you need in aged care.
- I would like to thank the staff very much for looking after me and all the rest of the residents. And they've been so helpful and cheerful.
- Yeah, I love the service and we're all very friendly. Get on very well, I think. I don't think we have any arguments (laughs).
- I'm very grateful for the attention and care we have from the staff. They're top, top people.
- I'd just like to say thank you very much for all their kindness.
- I cannot speak highly enough of the service we receive from St. Vincent's staff.
- I'd like to thank them for their kindness and what I have received from each one of them.
- From the top, from the manager through the office workers, to the nurses, the RNs, the everybody, the cleaners, the ones that do your washing. I can't say enough about them. They're all absolutely wonderful.
- I'm very happy with the staff here. All of them, each and everyone, thank you very much for what you've done for me in the time I've been in here. Thank you.